Friday 5 August 2011

A conventional pullover

A beautifully-tinted knitting booklet from Woman and Home magazine, dating from what looks like the late 1940s or early 1950s. Wholesome woolies for all the family, although knitting adult-sized long-sleeved jumpers in 4-ply is not my idea of a "quick knit".

The rather doubtful looking man in the middle is sporting "His New Knitted Pullover" - "He will like a pattern but the shape must be conventional". I think he's having second thoughts about the pattern and is dreading the manly teasing he'll be in for down the pub tonight.

2 comments:

  1. For years I've been trying to get my other half into one of those hand knitted vests, lol.

    Love your blog,

    lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, maybe you should drug his tea (or bitter, if he's too macho for tea) and then insert him into a knitted vest. That's what I'd do.

    Glad you like the blog!

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete